Monday, June 30, 2008

Interview : Emraan Hashmi


Emraan Hashmi has a penchant of treading the unconventional route. The roles he chooses or the film’s he does are very different from a typical hero’s take. He doesn’t mind taking risks and this is what sets him apart. Many call it arrogance, but he is not bothered as only he can make a film hit during the IPL season when the others faltered.

Excerpts from an Interview:

You did gamble isn’t it with Jannat releasing it during IPL?

But that was because I was confident about the film. Filmmaking itself is a gamble and there are lots of risks involved. The film was minimised by hit music, a topical issue and a modern-day love story. The timing to release the film was risky no doubt, but it paid off at last.

Your upcoming film is Raaz 2, what is your intuition about the film?

I’m as much confident about the success of the film as Jannat. It’ll be a spooky film and the audience will get a treat watching the horror stuff. The film has to live up to the original and expectations are sky high.

You are pricing yourself up in the market.

My price is nothing unreasonable and it wouldn’t burden the project. I come from a film family and have a running production company, I’ve knowledge about the trade.

But you’ve opted out of Bhatts film because of your price tag.

The actual reason that I did not do the film is because Bhattsahab is making films on the lines I’ve already done before. Murder was in essence a love triangle too with a murder thrown in. I prefer not to repeat myself.

Are you doing Kunal Deshmukh’s next?

It will be a bigger film than Jannat. The script is being processed at the moment.

Are you doing the Metro sequel?

I’d love to be a part pf the film. I’ve told Anurag Basu to approach me if he has a role for me. I’m ready to sign the film without reading the script and might also sign it for free. Also I’m working with Subhash Ghai and we’ve a three-film deal. Waiting for a good script to come through.

You are a loyalist of Vishesh Films?

It’s not that. I’ve worked with outside banners too and delivered hits. But with Vishesh Films, it’s not just a professional relationship. I’ll work with anybody who has a good offer.

No comments: