Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Interview: Mika’s Singh


Singer Mika is more popular for his infamous episode with Rakhi Sawant. However things have started looking positive for him, with Mika delivering hits with the Bollywood tracks. This Punjabu nasal singer is creating furore with hit tracks like ‘Aye Ganpat’ and ‘Mauja Hi Mauja’. After his successful stint with chartbusters, he now changes direction to star in a film. Wanna know more about Mika, read on!

Excerpts from an Interview:

Alike Himesh Reshammiya, it seems that the acting bug has also bitten you.

Films are happening and that’s good. I’ve already completed shooting for Loot. The sequel to Tom Dick and Harry is also on the floors. I’m doing Loot for Suniel Shetty as he is a close friend. When he asked me to do the film there was no question of giving a ‘no’ back. Tom Dick and Harry sequel happened quite interesting. I was supposed to render a track for the film. The director offered me a role and I accepted it.

Will that mean that music has taken a backstage in your career?

It’s not that. My top priority as the shows. Even top actors like Akshay Kumar, SRK, Saif Ali Khan do one or two films a year and concentrate on shows. I’m doing the same. For a role I’m offered Rs 30 lakh for for which I need to shoot for at least 20 days. I can make the same money through five shows, which means only five days of work!

You are all over the place with chartbusters and now your track Saawan mein lag gayi aag has got a second life with Woodstock Villa.

That’s great isn’t it? I remember eight years back, Sanjay Gupta called me wanting to use the song in his film. But he met with an accident and things went haywire. So, again when he made a move on that front, I was floored. He approached the company, bought the rights, made Anu Malek do the music and spent the same amount of money that went into making my whole album! Now, what stands out in the flick is my song. Even if it’s not meant to be, my songs end up becoming the title tracks.

No comments: