Monday, June 9, 2008

Interview : Neetu Chandra

She came as one of the promising actors in the industry doing films like ‘Garam Masala’, ‘Traffic Signal’, ‘One Two Three’, and the likes. But now she is making her debut as an item girl in the forthcoming film ‘Summer 2007’ and vows that it’ll be a number worth a watch! It would be very special she says. According to her it would change the definition of item tracks as it arrives as the mother of all item numbers. Summer 2007 arrives on 13th June and before the film hits the theaters, Neetu's item song would be on the air.

Excerpts from an Interview:

We’re surprised that you’re doing an item track. Now that you’re doing it, tell us about it.

In Summer 2007 I have performed on this item number called 'Baali Main Sone Waali'. Now this is what I would call as a hardcore dance number. It is a number with a 'desi' feel to it and is in the same lines as that of Madhuri Dixit's 'Humko Aaj Kal Hai' from the film Sailaab. When I talk about 'Baali Main Sone Waali', I am talking about comparisons with the kind of item numbers that we see today. Now this one is truly different because it shows that how a song can be hot and sensuous even without any cleavage show.

But we haven’t seen you dancing much yet!

Somehow I have been unlucky when it comes to 'real dance'. But now with 'Baali', I see the ice breaking. I have waited long for this opportunity and now when it has finally come my way, I have given it my all to ensure that my dancing 'keeda' is satisfied.

Do you any training in dancing or this was just for fun sake?

See, I am a trained dancer and it was nothing short of being criminal on part of my filmmakers not to have utilized my dancing skills. (she jokes) However, producer Atul Pandey and directed Suhail Tatari thought that I would fit in well as an item girl for Summer 2007. Well, it's their gain!

What do you expect would be the audience reaction?

My producers have promised me that they would bombard the song all over to make a sudden impact. We all understand the power of the song. Now the ball is going to be in the audience's court, who I am sure would make a beeline for the song. Written by Vibha Singh, 'Baali Main Sone Waali' is sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and composed by Gourov Dasgupta of Dus Kahaniyaan fame.

No comments: