Thursday, July 3, 2008

Interview : Imran Khan


Imran Khan, 25-year-old debutant is arriving this Friday with his first film ‘Jaane Tu... Ya Jane Na’. He comes from the legacy of films, bring the grand child of Nasir Husain, uncle Mansoor Khan and Aamir Khan. Being Aamir Khan’s nephew it’s a tough task to prove himself in the shoes of his mamu. But this new entrant is confident about his take and has already created a stir even before the film’s release. The film is directed by Abbas Tyrewala.

Excerpts from an Interview:

Your first film is about to release. How are you feeling?

People have set high standards, but I’m not thinking about it because if I do, I’ll get paralysed. The best part is I’m not stressed at all. AK (that’s Aamir) was telling me that during his QSQT days, he too wasn’t stressed.

You are on your way to stardom. Comments.

When I see my promos or read about myself, it seems like I’m seeing someone else. My girlfriend Avantika keeps clippings of my articles but gets upset if anyone writes negative stuff about me. I have to keep telling her, ‘Chill baby, it’s ok’.

Have you made any friends?

I don’t like partying as I’m a very reserved person, but I like to go to friends’ homes and chill with them. My friends are mostly assistant directors and actors like Minisha Lamba and Kunal Kapoor, and there’s Shruti Hasan who is more like my sister. I’m doing Soham’s Luck with her. There is also Sanjay Ghadvi’s Kidnap lined up.

Jaane Tu has been in the making for three years. Did that make you impatient?

It was frustrating but I also learnt in the film industry hardly anything happens on time. From the scripting stage to direction there are always delays.

How much did you enjoy working with co-star Genelia?

Both of us gotalong from day one as we understood our styles of working together.

What about working with Abbas Tyrewala?

He is very cool and doesn’t push his opinions on others. We have become like brothers and have become very close in the process of making the film. Abbas and I went to Aamir Khan Productions to ask them to produce the film. I always thought of myself as Abbas' partner. I would hang around with Abbas, and also learn from him.

How much do you resemble the character of Jai Rathore, your character on screen?

Jai is flamboyant up to a certain amount which I am not. Being a reserved person it was quite a task to appear flamboyant on screen. Abbas suggested me to play Jai as though I was one drink down. He also convinced me to wear a sari and that was really funny.

No comments: