Thursday, June 12, 2008

Interview : Paresh Rawal

Paresh Rawal is among the best actors one can witness in recent times. He has excelled in the spheres of comedy, emotion, drama and what not. Also he has the fear of getting stereotyped and frequently keeps on experimenting with his roles. He has carved a niche as a comedy actor with films like Hera Pheri, Hulchul, Hungama, Malaamal Weekly and others with Priyadarshan. Once again he is set to work with the director in the new comedy flick ‘Mere Baap Pehle Aap’. In this film releasing this Friday he plays the baap in question while his son Akshaye Khanna, tries to marry him off. About the film and more, let’s find out from him.

Excerpts from an Interview:

The promos of Mere Baap Pehle Aap look interesting. We are eager to learn more about the film.

It is an out and out Priyadarshan film, a complete family entertainer. The film carries a nice story. The shooting was enjoyable as I got to work with Akshaye Khanna after a long time.

You and Priyadarshan seem to have become inseparables!

There is nothing such. He is a very good human being and that’s why I prefer to work with him. He is also successful. He can make films with newcomers. I’m an actor who wants to keep growing with every film. I feel a film is a team effort and one cannot just take away the whole credit. Good script, dialogues, direction, chemistry, everything is important. The audience becomes happy when someone makes them laugh, people feel nice to see me and they smile. That’s why comedy films are so popular. In that way you become popular.

We don’t see you doing much drama now. Why?

There is no category for me as such. My serious roles have earned me respect if comedy has fetched me popularity. I want both. I want commercial success as well as acclaim. Currently I’m doing more comedy because such films are being made. But alongside I also do Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota, remember that. I’m also open to play villain, like I played formerly. People offer me to play Sardar Patel because they know I’m a good actor. I love to work.

No comments: