Thursday, July 10, 2008

Interview : Abhishek Bachchan


Abhishek Bachchan has just got back to Mumbai. He has been away for a long spell of schedule in Miami of Tarun Mansukhani's ‘Dostana’. Hereon he goes to resume shooting for Rakeysh Mehra's ‘Dilli 6’. Abhishek winds up telling what’s more happening in his life – there’s lot, with movies and music holding his concentration at present!

Excerpts from an Interview:

How is the shooting of Dostana going?

It is a young and energetic romantic comedy. It is new kind of genre that I’m trying my hands in. Priyanka, John and I had fun filled time. We were off to Miami for work purpose and it held our concentration most of the time. We balanced fun and also did many hours of hard work.

How did the Cannes schedule go along with Aishwarya?

Like always it was very engaging. Last year Aishwarya and I had gone to Cannes for the first time together. This year the whole family was there. It was a delight to be there with the whole family. Most of the time I’m away from home and to be in some other part of the world with your family is a delight. Also we tried to catch as many films as possible.

Wyclef Jean in Miami did a full hip-hop album with you.

I had a great time recording a song with the super-hip hopper Wyclef Jean in Miami. I had already done a hip-hop song before. Aadesh called me one day and requested me to be a part of the song. Aadesh is a close friend and it was wonderful to finally sing with him. Wyclef is a musician I have admired for a long time and have great respect for him. It was a treat to record with the two of them. And loads of fun. When I was recording with Vishal-Shekhar for Bluff Master I was equally petrified. I love to sing. But I'm not a singer and I have only done this track as a personal favour to Aadesh.

Tell us about your non-film album with Vishal-Shekhar.

It is also a hip-hop album. Dad will also be around as a guest vocalist. The album has been delayed. The album with Vishal -Shekar has been in the making for the last two years and isn't released. I'd have loved to have premiered it during our World Tour in July. But it's not ready. When it is ready we'll release it. Dad has a great singing voice. Mine is nowhere near his. I don't think I have the ability or talent to do what all he has done.

No comments: