Thursday, July 17, 2008

Interview:Vidya Balan


It’s hard to believe actress Vidya Balan has been around for three years only since her debut with ‘Parineeta’. Flying high on success, she is today esteemed as one of the talented and most sought after actress in Bollywood. In the meantime she has wooed the audience with her variety and range and can anybody miss that charm on her face. Here she answers question on her upcoming film ‘Kismat Konnection’ making to the theatres this Friday.

Excerpts from an Interview:

What genre does Kismat Konnection belong to?

I would say Kismat Konnection is a love story and not a proper comedy. It’s a very light-hearted film and not emotionally high on content. The romance is very breezy, young and vibrant, and this is a love story that is very different from what I've done so far.

How would you sum up the three years you’ve spent here?

I still feel I am a newcomer. I’m lucky to work with established and experienced people. But there are so many things that still make me feel like a novice.

You started your film career with Vidhu Vinod Chopra doing three films with him. Anything more on the cards?

Vinod Chopra Productions is like a home ground for me. If he finds something suitable he would certainly call me. However it is no so that I’ve to be a part of his every project.

What different are you doing in Kismat Konnection?

Shahid Kapur is a brilliant dancer and I made up my mind while signing the film that I woun’t get nervous thinking about it. It’s not possible to match steps with Shahid and Hrithik ever. The kind of dancing that I do in the film is something I’ve never done before. I enjoyed dancing and hope the audience will like it. When I started with Kismat Konnection, it was a new unit for me and generally we do a short schedule in India before heading abroad for the shoot. But here we directly went to Toronto for two month outdoor. I was wondering how I would get along with everybody. I would listen to my iPod to keep myself busy and by second or third day, everyone had their iPods out and we started exchanging our iPods and sharing the music we were listening to. That helped all of us bond on the sets.

What made you sign a film with Shahid Kapur?

I choose a film by the story, my role, and the director. I had always wanted to work with Aziz Mirza and that’s the reason I signed the film. I believe in his kind of films. Shahid Kapur is such a good actor. Shahid is on his way to become a star. Post Jab We Met, he has become a rock star of sorts. As my co-star in the film was Shahid I didn't think twice. In the future I'd love to work with him again.

The media is agog about some special connection between Shahid and you, is it true?

The story is just figment of someone’s imagination. After listening to it so many times I'm quite used to it. We share a great onscreen rapport and offscreen we get along with each other really well. But still if people are interested in such stuff what can I do. I'm here to build a career and not some relationship.

No comments: