Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interview :Vivek Oberoi


Vivek Oberoi is out on a mission! After ‘Shootout at Lokhandwala’ he is now set for another action packed thriller’ in which he will don the role of Turkish commander. His new film will be arriving at the theatres this Friday. There are lots more happening in his life.

Excerpts from an Interview:

Shootout at Lokhandwala has bagged you laurels. You must be having high expectations from Mission Istanbul?

That is sure. I am definitely looking forward to the film to succeed. For one year I have been working really hard on the film. I just expect that people like my character like my former film. I hope my fans would go out to watch the film and like the action in the film. It is a whole machismo and attitude loaded stuff.

You’ve been doing lots of action stuff from Shootout at Lokhandwala to Mission Istanbul.

In one year I have just done two films. I am going the slow way as I wanted to do different kinds of scripts. I would prefer doing films that I like. Probably those kinds of offers have started pouring now. Now I’m doing another huge solo film South Africa with Tips. It is also a very different kind of film for me. The film I am doing with Karan Johar is with Saif and Kareena. For the film I have cut my hair. I've been learning a martial arts called Parkour from Dean Alexandrou from London. I'll be doing a lot of stunts, flying through the air without cables for the film. I'm also working with a Thai trainer in Muay Thai, a mix of Thai kickboxing and Akido.

You’ve also signed a romantic film 7G Rainbow Colony, which is a Hindi remake of a Tamil hit.

Mani Ratnam wanted me to see the film.His assistant Selvaraghavan directed the original and will be doing the Hindi remake too for UTV.

Will you ever work with Aishwarya Rai again?

As a professional I have no problems working with anyone. But I work with directors, not with actors and actresses.

You were spotted on the sets of Aladdin. Did you go there to meet Mr. Bachchan?

Director Sujoy Ghosh is a close friend of mine and we have done Home Delivery together. He invited me to the sets. Jackie Shroff and Riteish Deshmukh were there too and we got chatting. Then I heard that Amitji was there as well and I went to his van to say hello.

No comments: