Monday, May 26, 2008

Aadesh Shrivastava’s Large Responsibility!


The rocking winner of ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ has its musician, Aadesh Shrivastava on moon. And now, this smart musician is all set to collaborate with none other Amitabh Bachchan himself, for his most ambitious musical getaway, apparently a musical rendition of ‘Bhagavad Gita’ penned down by Amitabh Bachchan’s father, the late poet Shri Harivanshrai Bachchan.

Discussing this musical venture, Amitabh Bachchan said, “Aadesh Shrivastava and I will now be collaborating over a new interpretation of the ‘Bhagavat Geeta’. It’s one of my father’s unknown and unacknowledged masterpieces, of immense literary and religious value. We’ll be doing a musical version of my father’s ‘Bhagavat Gita’, which he had translated into the language and meter of the ‘Ramayan’. In this, the centenary year of my father’s existence I can think of no better tribute.”

Aadesh who on the other hand is excited as well as nervous says, “It’s one thing for me to collaborate with Bachchan Saab who’s like an elder brother. We’ve done every kind of song from love ballads to hip-hop to bhangra to Bhajans. But now we’re talking about his distinguished father. And that makes my responsibility increase several times.”

No comments: